Working with Gulfshore Opera!
Join the GO team in enriching the community of Southwest Florida by presenting accessible, high quality, diverse vocal music performances and community engagement.
Office/Box Office (BO) Assistant
Hours: Average 15 -20 hrs./week
Flexible Schedule with opportunities for advancement
Office/BO staff member ensures quality customer when interacting with patrons in the office, over the phone and/or at an event. This is a part-time position and involves working regularly on weekends and in the evenings January through May.
- Ability to work flexibly, be reliable and work the necessary hours to meet the demands of the position
- Enthusiasm, motivation, good humor and a positive, can-do attitude
- The ability to work well as part of a team, but also to use initiative and to work autonomously, as necessary.
- Strong commitment to customer care
- IT literacy, including experience of Google Suite/Microsoft Word/Excel
• Process ticket sales over the phone and in person (box office) at the office at least 2 days a week.
• Ensure a high quality of customer service and be a point of contact for customers.
• Assist with ticket sales at events.
• Assist with set up at venues for events (with additional staff and volunteers) including seating, tickets, tables, and possibly food/bar.
• Assist with making sure that the venue looks presentable and tidy before and after each event..
• Assist the Front of House manager and Operations with various tasks, including but not limited to:
- Printing publicity material
- Assisting with brochure mailouts
- Preparing copy for brochures, bulletins, mailouts etc.
- Assisting with various administrative tasks as required by other members of the staff team
Travel will be required and gas stipends provided after 60 miles to/from home to event/concert.
Gulfshore Opera is an equal opportunity employer.